One of the most overlooked aspects of wedding budgets is postage expense. With Save the Dates, Invitations and announcements, the cost to mail your entire guest list can become overwhelming, if this expense is not planned for. Here are just a few tips that will help you cut costs on mailing out information about your special occasions.
1. Choose postcards for informal events such as Bridal Showers, Bachelorette Parties and other occasions.
2. Choose flat designs, without any folds, raised textures or embellishments. These types of products require excessive processing, which makes the end product more expensive. The simplest invitations can be some of the most elegant – remember less is more!
3. Avoid excess layers or extra cards. You may also be tempted to add embellishments such as bows or wax seals, but anything that increases the weight of each enclosure will increase your postage cost.
4. Use the Back! Instead of ordering extra smaller insert cards, consider including your directions, accommodations, or iteneraries on the second side of a flat card.
5. Choose Self-Mailers. Similar to the ever-popular pocketfolds, these are single sheet invitations that fold up and mail without the need for envelopes. You can choose from a variety of designs that feature detachable response postcards, which also save on postage.
6. Make it multi-purpose. Turn your invitations into a keepsake with a removable portrait print, or give guests a game to play. You can create your own word search, or crossword puzzle by encoding your wedding message for a fun and unique announcement of your matrimony. Create your word search for free here: Use this free online crossword maker at . .